Hey everyone, it’s me, Dave, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, seafood chowder with coconut, corn and mussels. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
This corn and seafood chowder is a hearty, creamy mixture of scallops, shrimp, potatoes, and corn. Hello everybody, hope you're having an amazing day today. Today, I'm gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, seafood chowder with coconut, corn and mussels. Here I took the classic chowder recipe and "Islandized" it!!
Seafood chowder with coconut, corn and mussels is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They are nice and they look fantastic. Seafood chowder with coconut, corn and mussels is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have seafood chowder with coconut, corn and mussels using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Seafood chowder with coconut, corn and mussels:
- Take 1 thumb-sized nub ginger, minced
- Make ready 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Take 1 large shallot, minced
- Prepare 1 serrano chili, chopped
- Make ready 2 tbsp fish sauce
- Take 1 can (400 ml) coconut milk
- Make ready 3 cups vegetable or fish stock
- Make ready 6 medium yellow potatoes, peeled and cut into 2 cm cubes
- Get 1 can (340 ml) sweet whole kernel corn
- Take 1 tsp palm sugar
- Make ready 1 box half-shell mussels (about 36)
- Take 1 bunch green onions, chopped
Add the coconut oil to a large stock pot over medium-high heat. This easy vegan corn chowder is cozy and delicious! Blended corn, potatoes, and coconut milk make it rich and creamy, while smoked paprika adds bold flavor. This easy vegan corn chowder recipe is one of our all-time favorite soups!
Instructions to make Seafood chowder with coconut, corn and mussels:
- Add a splash of veg oil to a medium pot on medium heat. Add the ginger, garlic, shallot and chili and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the fish sauce to the pot and cook another minute. Add the coconut milk, stock and potatoes. Simmer 5 minutes, then add the can of corn. Simmer another 5 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- Use a slotted spoon to scoop out half of the potatoes and corn, then blitz the rest with an immersion blender. Return the potatoes and corn to the pot. Stir in the palm sugar.
- Remove the mussels from their shells and clean them well. Add them to the chowder and let simmer for 5 minutes. Add salt and fresh cracked white pepper as needed. Serve with a sprinkle of green onions.
Blended corn, potatoes, and coconut milk make it rich and creamy, while smoked paprika adds bold flavor. This easy vegan corn chowder recipe is one of our all-time favorite soups! Smoky, sweet & creamy, it's destined for your regular meal rotation. Andrew Zimmern adds depth to his rich seafood chowder by making an easy stock with corn cobs and shrimp shells. Plenty of cream and butter make this chowder irresistibly decadent.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food seafood chowder with coconut, corn and mussels recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!