Hey everyone, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, mike's extra spicy red beans and rice. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Learn how to make a Red Beans and Rice Recipe! I hope you enjoy this easy Creole-Style Red Beans and Rice recipe! Red Beans and Rice - So thick, so creamy and so flavorful! The beans are cooked just right The beans are cooked just right - perfectly tender, served with rice and smoky andouille sausage.
Mike's Extra Spicy Red Beans And Rice is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Mike's Extra Spicy Red Beans And Rice is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have mike's extra spicy red beans and rice using 30 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Mike's Extra Spicy Red Beans And Rice:
- Prepare RED BEANS AND RICE INGREDIENTS
- Prepare Smoked Pre-Cooked Andouille Sausage
- Prepare 32 oz Beef Broth
- Prepare Chopped Onions
- Make ready Green Bell Peppers
- Make ready Yellow Bell Peppers
- Prepare Red Bell Peppers
- Prepare Stalks Celery With Leaves
- Prepare Extra Large Minced Bulb Garlic
- Prepare Drained Red Beans
- Make ready Drained Pinto Beans
- Prepare 8 oz Crushed Tomatoes
- Take Worcestershire Sauce
- Get Cajun Seasoning
- Make ready Cayenne Pepper
- Get Italian Seasoning
- Prepare Red Pepper Flakes
- Get Dried Parsley
- Get Onion Powder
- Make ready Coarse Black Pepper
- Take Dried Cilantro
- Get Celery Seed
- Prepare Thyme
- Take Sage
- Get Bay Leaves
- Make ready Drops Liquid Smoke
- Get 12 oz Bottle Tabasco
- Make ready Chicken Broth [or however much fluid your rice bag calls for]
- Get White Rice
- Make ready Dried Chives
Added cayenne, doubled the tomato paste, extra salt and chili powder and it was still just okay. Red beans and rice is an emblematic dish of Louisiana Creole cuisine (not originally of Cajun cuisine) traditionally made on Mondays with red beans, vegetables (bell pepper, onion, and celery), spices (thyme, cayenne pepper, and bay leaf) and pork bones as left over from Sunday dinner. Learn how to make a Red Beans and Rice Recipe! I hope you enjoy this easy Creole-Style Red Beans and Rice recipe!••• Learn how to make Red Beans and Rice with Andouille Sausage.
Steps to make Mike's Extra Spicy Red Beans And Rice:
- De-thaw your pre-cooked Andouille Sausage in microwave and cut pieces at an angle 1" long. Place in oversized pot.
- Large chop all of your vegetables and put in your pot.
- Open and drain your beans and place in pot. Reserve 1 can of Pinto Beans just in case you're one to enjoy a creamy texture in your Red Beans & Rice or a thickener. Simply drain beans and smash with a potato masher and place in your oversized pot with your whole beans.
- Add enough Beef Broth to accommodate your pot mixture. Not too much though. This dish should be viscous or a bit thicker upon serving [unless you're serving dipping bread] so you may not need both boxes.
- Add all of your seasonings and a 1/2 of your extra large bottle of Tabasco. Stir and heat.
- Bring your dish to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Stir intermittently.
- Authors Note: While Crushed Tomatoes aren't indicative to this dish, we find they make an excellent accompaniment!
- Simmer until you think your veggies are well cooked. 2+ hours usually. Continue adding your Beef Broth throughout simmering if this dish becomes too thick.
- In a separate pot, bring your Chicken Broth to a boil. Add Dried Chives and White Rice and cook as per the rice bag's directions. Chicken Broth lends a great flavor to bland rice. You can also use Uncle Bens Boil In Bag Rice. Just omit the Dried Chives and make sure to use Chicken Broth instead of water. You also have the option to place the rice directly in your oversized pot with all the other ingredients or on the side. I'll put the rice directly in my oversized pot if the dish is too thin. That step usually thickens this dish right up.
- Pull out the Bay Leaves. Also, since the flavors of spices can dissipate with long simmer times, I taste test and add usually add 1/4 + more of my Tabasco bottle, Cajun Seasoning, Italian Seasoning, Garlic and Onion Powder. In general, I'll use 10 oz + of a large 12 oz bottle of Tabasco in this dish.
- Simmer another 15 minutes and serve with dipping bread or corn bread and side bottles of Tabasco.
Learn how to make a Red Beans and Rice Recipe! I hope you enjoy this easy Creole-Style Red Beans and Rice recipe!••• Learn how to make Red Beans and Rice with Andouille Sausage. Traditional Louisiana red beans and rice also uses Andouille sausage which we did not add, but you could if you wanted. There was plenty of Season to taste with Tabasco sauce, salt and pepper. Sizzling and smoky sausage and rice skillet is vibrant, flavorful, and downright delicious.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food mike's extra spicy red beans and rice recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!