Hey everyone, it’s Jim, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, smothered pork chops in red gravy. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Smothered Pork Chops In Red Gravy is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Smothered Pork Chops In Red Gravy is something that I have loved my entire life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
You also must brown your chops VERY well. Well browned chops are another secret to this dish. I was always doubtful that I would like this type of recipe when I would see it in cookbooks. DH saw this recipe on a cooking show and decided to try it.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook smothered pork chops in red gravy using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Smothered Pork Chops In Red Gravy:
- Prepare bone in pork chops (can use boneless also)-(about 4 or 5 chops)
- Make ready tomato sauce (15 oz)
- Take tomato paste (6 oz)
- Get bell peppers
- Take onion
- Take seasoned salt
- Make ready salt & pepper
- Prepare granulated garlic
- Prepare olive oil
I made a change here and a change there then a tweak here and a tweak there and this was the end result. It is truly a wonderful dish. Season the pork chops evenly with the rub. Lightly brush or spray with olive oil.
Instructions to make Smothered Pork Chops In Red Gravy:
- Rub both sides of pork chops with salt, pepper and seasoned salt.
- Brown both sides of chops in a skillet with oil.
- Once chops are browned on both sides, remove from pan.
- To skillet, add tomato sauce, tomato paste and granulated garlic.
- Cut up bell peppers and onion into strips and add to tomato sauce. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place pork chops back into the skillet with the tomato sauce and simmer on low until chops are tender about 1 1/2-2 hours. Serve over rice or pasta.
Season the pork chops evenly with the rub. Lightly brush or spray with olive oil. Continue grilling over Indirect Medium heat until. Southern smothered pork chops are covered in an onion gravy; this updated version features red onion and strips of roasted poblano chiles, which lend a slight smoky flavor and a bit In a large, deep skillet, melt the butter in the oil. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper and dredge them in flour.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food smothered pork chops in red gravy recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!