Hey everyone, it is me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, canned " red beets ". One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Canned " Red Beets " is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. Canned " Red Beets " is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have canned " red beets " using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Canned " Red Beets ":
- Get 1 Red Beets
- Make ready 4 cup cider vinegar
- Prepare 4 cup water
- Get 2 cup granulated sugar
- Make ready 2 1/2 tsp salt
Steps to make Canned " Red Beets ":
- Wash your red beets. Do not cut off top or bottom. Put cleaned red beets in a large pot cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cook till fork tender. Pour this water away.
- Meanwhile get your jars & lids & rings ready.Heat the vinegar , water, sugar & salt. Get your canner ready. Filled 3/4 way with water.
- When beets are fork tender. Take out of water. Allow the to cool to handle. When cool enough to handle. Cut top & bottom off. Push skin off with fingers. ( I Wore gloves)
- Cut or slice beets. Pack into your canning jars. Pour hot syrup over red beets. Leaving 1/4" headspace. Clean rims of jars good. Now put on prepared lids & rings. Process in Hot water bath . Pints 20 minutes. Quarts 30 minutes. Let cool. Make sure they are sealed.if not sealed keep refrigerated.Store & label. .( one batch of syrup is enough for 8 pints)
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food canned " red beets " recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!