Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, ukrainian borscht (beet soup). It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Ukrainian Borscht (Beet Soup) is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions daily. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Ukrainian Borscht (Beet Soup) is something which I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have ukrainian borscht (beet soup) using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Ukrainian Borscht (Beet Soup):
- Take 3 medium beets peeled and grated
- Prepare 6 Tbsp olive oil divided
- Take 4 cups reduced sodium chicken broth + 6 cups water
- Make ready 5 medium potatoes peeled and sliced into bite-sized pieces
- Make ready 2 carrots peeled and grated
- Take 2 celery ribs trimmed and finely chopped
- Prepare 1 medium onion finely chopped
- Get 4 Tbsp ketchup
- Get 1 can white navy beans
- Get 2 bay leaves
- Take 2-3 Tbsp white vinegar
- Make ready 1 tsp salt
- Make ready 1/4 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- Make ready 1 large garlic clove pressed
- Get 2 Tbsp dill
Steps to make Ukrainian Borscht (Beet Soup):
- Peel, grate and/or slice all vegetables, keeping sliced potatoes in cold water until ready to use.
- Heat a large soup pot (5 1/2 Qt or larger) over medium/high heat and add 4 Tbsp olive oil. Add grated beets and sauté 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until beets are softened.
- Add 4 cups chicken broth and 6 cups water. Add sliced potatoes and grated carrots then cook for 10-15 minutes or until easily pierced with a fork.
- While potatoes are cooking, place a large skillet over medium/high heat and add 2 Tbsp oil. Add chopped onion and celery. Saute stirring occasionally until softened and lightly golden (7-8 minutes). Add 4 Tbsp Ketchup and stir fry 30 seconds then transfer to the soup pot to continue cooking with the potatoes.
- When potatoes and carrots reach desired softness, add 1 can of beans, 2 bay leaves, 2-3 Tbsp white vinegar, 1 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper, 1 pressed garlic clove, and 3 Tbsp chopped dill. Simmer for an additional 10-15 minutes and add more salt and vinegar to taste.
- Serve with vushka or garlic bread (optional) Enjoy!
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food ukrainian borscht (beet soup) recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!