Hello everybody, it’s Louise, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, radish and pear mul (water) kimchi. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Radish and Pear Mul (Water) Kimchi is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Radish and Pear Mul (Water) Kimchi is something which I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook radish and pear mul (water) kimchi using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Radish and Pear Mul (Water) Kimchi:
- Get cm Daikon (white radish)
- Prepare Carrot
- Prepare leaves Cabbage
- Take Cucumber
- Take Asian pear
- Get Lemon
- Get as many you like Red chili peppers (sliced into rounds)
- Prepare Garlic
- Make ready Sliced ginger
- Take Rock salt (or regular salt)
- Take Sugar
- Get cm Kombu for dashi stock
- Prepare Mineral water (spring water, etc)
Instructions to make Radish and Pear Mul (Water) Kimchi:
- Slice the carrots, cucumbers, and radish into 4-5 mm slices, and chop up the cabbage roughly. Finely julienne the garlic and ginger.
- Prepare 7-8 mm pear slices and 2-3 slices of lemon for fragrance.
- Salt the vegetables except for the pear and lemon and let sit until they begin to dehydrate. The water produced from the vegetables you've salted is their juice, so rather than discarding it, use that too in the brine
- Combine the chili pepper slices, garlic, ginger, sugar to help the fermentation, lemon, kombu for dashi stock, and mineral water, and mix together well.
- Once you've adjusted the salt level, transfer it to a container and leave at room temperature for about 2 hours to half a day in summer, 2-3 days in spring or fall, or 4-5 days in winter. Then, store it in the refrigerator.
- As it ferments, the color of the vegetables will change and it will become thicker and more acidic. Decide when you want to eat it and enjoy.
- [Mul kimchi juice] The juice, brimming with plant-based lactobacillus, is supposed to be very good for your body. It has about 20 times more lactobacillus as nukazuke pickles.
- [Using leftovers] Tomato mul kimchi using leftover juice - - https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/153321-using-leftovers-for-tomato-mul-water-kimchi
- Daikon radish and cucumber mul kimchi - - https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/153861-daikon-radish-and-cucumber-mul-water-kimchi
- Quick mul kimchi instant pickles - - https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/153950-mul-water-kimchi-instant-pickles
- Mul kimchi with naengmyun noodles is super delicious. - - https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/152409-koreanchinese-chilled-noodles
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food radish and pear mul (water) kimchi recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!