Hey everyone, it’s John, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, stuffed green peppers. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Stuffed Green Peppers is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions every day. Stuffed Green Peppers is something which I have loved my entire life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook stuffed green peppers using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Stuffed Green Peppers:
- Make ready 1 cup Brown and wild rice - cook
- Take 1 can diced tomatoes drained (with onions, peppers & garlic)
- Get 4-6 Green Bell peppers (or any color) -cut in half lengthways
- Make ready #1 pound lean ground beef
- Make ready 1 can black beans (or red kidney)
- Take 1/2 tsp oregano
- Get 1/2 tsp thyme
- Make ready to taste Garlic powder
- Prepare pieces Fresh basil cut into small
- Take Fresh onion chopped (small)
- Get to taste Salt & coarse ground pepper -
- Make ready Cheese - grated cheddar & Monterrey jack
Instructions to make Stuffed Green Peppers:
- Wash, cut & clean peppers. Put in microwave dish with 1/4 cup water - cover with plastic wrap & steam for 5 minutes. Peppers should be soft.
- Brown ground meat with onion & seasonings. Add beans, tomatoes & cooked rice. Heat through.
- In a casserole dish, put a layer of the ground meat filling on the bottom. Then place pepper halves on top and stuff with the rest of ground meat filling. Top with grated cheese - to taste.
- Bake peppers for 20 minutes at 350 degrees, uncovered. Serve!
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food stuffed green peppers recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!