Hey everyone, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, swiss chard with black eyed peas. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Swiss Chard with black eyed peas is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They are nice and they look wonderful. Swiss Chard with black eyed peas is something that I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook swiss chard with black eyed peas using 9 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Swiss Chard with black eyed peas:
- Get 3 small bunches of swiss chard. ( almost 5 cups of minced swiss
- Get 1 cup black eyed peas
- Take 2 tbsp olive oil
- Prepare 8 garlic gloves (minced)
- Make ready 2 diced onions
- Make ready to taste Salt
- Make ready 1 tsp chilli powder (optional)
- Prepare 1 bunch green fresh coriander
- Get juice of one lemon
Steps to make Swiss Chard with black eyed peas:
- Wash the swiss chard very well, and drain it.
- Chop the stalks and the leaves into thin slices.
- In a pot boil the swiss chard till it becomes tender.
- Remove it from the heat, and drain it.
- Boil the black eyed peas in water (soaked overnight).
- In a large pot, heat the oil and fry the onion till it becomes translucent.
- Add the garlic, chilli powder (if used), and chopped green coriander.
- After it is well cooked, keep aside quarter of the quantity to add it later for garnishing.
- Add the chard and the beans to the pot and around one cup of water
- Simmer gently until the chard has wilted and softened.
- Put the garnish on top of the plate and serve it with lemon and pita bread.
- Notes: usually we cook the white swiss chard - * the traditional way is to separate stalks from the leaves and cut each separately then boil the stalks till tender and add back to the stew. - * You may first boil the black eyed peas until it is half cooked, then add the chard and boil it all together in the same pot. - * don't turn off the stove until the water is fully evaporated.
- Made by: Samah Baroudi
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food swiss chard with black eyed peas recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!