Hey everyone, it is Drew, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, bitter melon con sisig / ampalaya / bitter gourd. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Bitter Melon con Sisig / Ampalaya / Bitter Gourd is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. Bitter Melon con Sisig / Ampalaya / Bitter Gourd is something that I have loved my entire life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have bitter melon con sisig / ampalaya / bitter gourd using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Bitter Melon con Sisig / Ampalaya / Bitter Gourd:
- Get 1/2-1 small bitter melon/gourd, sliced thin
- Get 100-200 g fresh pork sisig
- Prepare 1/2 small red onion, diced
- Take 5 garlic cloves, minced
- Take 1 Tbsp oil
- Get 1-2 fresh eggs
- Get 1 small tomato, chopped with juices
- Make ready 1 dash Knorr or soy seasoning
- Make ready to taste Salt & pepper
- Get 1 pan boiling water
- Get 1 handful fine salt
Steps to make Bitter Melon con Sisig / Ampalaya / Bitter Gourd:
- Prep first by lightly massaging the sliced gourd in salt in a container then set aside for 30 minutes. Be generous with the salt if you want to lessen the bitterness.
- After 30 minutes pour out the liquid from the gourd container and wash away the salt in running water. Do this a few times or else it well be too salty. Lightly squeeze every time. Drop in your pan of boiling water. Bring back to a boil then drain and set aside.
- In a pan, saute grlic and onions in oil until fragrant. Then add your pork sisig meat. Season with knorr as you saute.
- Leave it to cook. When it starts sticking to the pan, it's ready. Add your sliced tomato and juices. Mix well.
- Lightly squeeze excess moisture out then drop in your gourd/ampalaya to your cooked sisig. Mix lightly, cook a few minutes before adding your egg.
- I like eggs, so I added 2. It can be right off from the shell. Keep mixing/flipping with your spatula until the eggs cook. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food bitter melon con sisig / ampalaya / bitter gourd recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!