Hey everyone, it is me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, easy sweet-salty teriyaki simmered chicken wings and daikon radish. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Easy Sweet-Salty Teriyaki Simmered Chicken Wings and Daikon Radish is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Easy Sweet-Salty Teriyaki Simmered Chicken Wings and Daikon Radish is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook easy sweet-salty teriyaki simmered chicken wings and daikon radish using 9 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Easy Sweet-Salty Teriyaki Simmered Chicken Wings and Daikon Radish:
- Make ready 7 to 8 Chicken wings - the midsection and the tip
- Prepare 1 small Daikon radish
- Get 1 thumb-sized piece Ginger (sliced)
- Get 1 just a tiny bit so you can barely taste it Garlic
- Make ready Teriyaki Sauce
- Prepare 4 tbsp + 1 tablespoon to finish Soy sauce
- Get 2 tbsp + 1 1/2 tablespoons to finish Mirin
- Get 3 heaping teaspoons Sugar (brown sugar)
- Prepare 4 tbsp Sake (use real sake, not cooking sake)
Instructions to make Easy Sweet-Salty Teriyaki Simmered Chicken Wings and Daikon Radish:
- These are the ingredients.
- So to start… the daikon radish. Start cooking it in cold water. Whenever you cook any root vegetables including daikon radish, always start from cold water. Cover with a lid.
- Don't refresh the daikon radish in cold water after they have been cooked until tender. Leave to cool in the cooking liquid. This is the key to keeping them juicy.
- Wash the chicken wings well. If you look at them closely, you'll see some feather ends left in there. Let's pull them out.
- Ginger and garlic. You know that you should add ginger right? Ginger, chicken and sweet-salty flavors go together so well after all. Just add a smidgen of garlic.
- OK Let's start simmering. Use a large wide pot so that the ingredients overlap as little as possible on the bottom. Put the flavoring ingredients plus about 2 cups plus (400 ml) of water in the pot.
- Start cooking over high heat. Bring to a rolling boil, then throw in the chicken wings. (work quickly from now on).
- Put the daikon radishes pieces in a single layer, cover with a small lid or a piece of aluminium foil that sits right on top of the pot contents (otoshibuta or drop lid). Turn the heat down to medium and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Take the lid off and add the ginger and garlic. If you add them at the start the taste will be a bit harsh. Replace the lid, and cover the pot with a regular lid.
- Keep simmering over medium heat. The liquid will bubble up under the drop lid, and the ingredients will cook in the bubbles, so don't turn the heat down too low.
- Since the chicken wings cook quickly, and the daikon radish is precooked, it takes less than 10 minutes for the simmering to be done.
- The liquid will start reducing right away. When everything has a nice color, let's finish up. Add the additional mirin (1 1/2 tablespoons) and soy sauce (1 tablespoon), take the lid off and turn the heat up to high!
- Since there's sugar in the cooking liquid, once you raise the heat up it will caramelize and thicken fast. Keep cooking until the bubbles are quite big (indicating that the liquid is pretty concentrated).
- Shake and swirl the pan from left to right and side to side to coat all the ingredients with the sticky sauce Toss to turn over the ingredients 1-2 times. Coat everything very well.
- Can you see that the daikon radish is just brown on the surface? By simmering them quickly, both the chicken and the daikon radish retain their natural flavor and juiciness.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food easy sweet-salty teriyaki simmered chicken wings and daikon radish recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!