Hey everyone, it’s John, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, skyler's honey-apricot chicken with yams. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Skyler's Honey-Apricot Chicken with Yams is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions daily. Skyler's Honey-Apricot Chicken with Yams is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have skyler's honey-apricot chicken with yams using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Skyler's Honey-Apricot Chicken with Yams:
- Prepare 2 boneless chicken breasts
- Take 1 large Yam
- Get 1/2 cup pure honey
- Get 3 tbsp apricot preserves
- Make ready 1/4 tsp lemon extract
- Get 5 tbsp butter or margarine, melted
- Prepare 1 tsp brown sugar
- Take 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Get optional
- Get 2 1/2 tbsp ground hazelnuts
Steps to make Skyler's Honey-Apricot Chicken with Yams:
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut yam into 1 inch cubes and place in baking dish, making sure to spread out enough to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Place butter or margarine into a small bowl and microwave until melted completely. Remove from microwave and add the lemon extract. Stir and set aside.
- In a larger bowl, combine the honey, apricot preserves, brown sugar, and black pepper. Mix well.
- Pour the melted butter and lemon extract into the bowl of honey-apricot mixture, stirring until well blended.
- Place chicken breasts in the baking dish, on top of the sliced yams.
- Pour half of the sauce over the chicken and yams. Sprinkle ground hazelnuts over the chicken, and sprinkle extra brown sugar over the yams if desired.
- Cover and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and turn chicken breasts over. Pour the remaining half of the sauce over the chicken and yams, sprinkle more ground hazelnut on the chicken, and then re-cover and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken from heat, making sure it is fully cooked and the inside is no longer pink. Set aside.
- Increase oven temperature to 400°F and continue cooking just the yams for 20 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and spoon the yams and cooked sauce onto the chicken breasts. Enjoy!
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food skyler's honey-apricot chicken with yams recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!