Hey everyone, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, chickpea falafels. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Chickpea Falafels is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Chickpea Falafels is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook chickpea falafels using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Chickpea Falafels:
- Prepare 1 cup chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- Prepare 4 scallions
- Make ready 2 cloves garlic
- Get 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Make ready 1/4 cup chopped mint
- Take 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Make ready 1 teaspoon cumin
- Take 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Prepare 1/2 cup plain dried breadcrumbs
- Get oil to fry
Instructions to make Chickpea Falafels:
- If you use canned chickpeas, go ahead to rinse them all. If you use dried chickpeas, leave them in water overnight and rise them well before cooking.
- Place the drained chickpeas, garlic and salt in a bowl of a food processor and press until blended and chopped into fine pieces.
- Add parsley, mint, cilantro, cumin, and breadcrumbs (or panko) and press until blended well.
- It's time to form balls! I used my hands to form them. You can do it as I did, but you can also use falafel spoon which is available at an Arabic market or just 2 spoons to form balls. I was able to make 16 falafels with this recipe.
- A point is that it is better not to form a big ball because it can be broken while frying it.
- Heat the oil high (any oil can work. I used vegi oil.) It should be high heat to make brownish good-looking falafels.
- Place falafels into the oil and fry them until their surface turn into brown. I fried 4 pieces at once to avoid falafels from being broken.
- Drain fried falafels on kitchen paper and ready to serve! (Please try hummus and tahini recipes as well and eat with your falafels. Shukran!!)
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food chickpea falafels recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!