Hello everybody, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, spicy chickpea and mushroom loaf (vegan). One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Spicy Chickpea and Mushroom Loaf (vegan) is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look fantastic. Spicy Chickpea and Mushroom Loaf (vegan) is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have spicy chickpea and mushroom loaf (vegan) using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Spicy Chickpea and Mushroom Loaf (vegan):
- Prepare 1 large brown onion
- Get 4-5 cloves garlic
- Get 1 medium carrot
- Take 2 celery stalks
- Get 10-15 large button mushrooms
- Get 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Get 3 oven roasted tomatoes
- Get 5-10 birds eye chilli to taste.
- Get 2-3 sheets vegan puff pastry
- Get to taste lime juice
- Get coconut oil for the pot
Steps to make Spicy Chickpea and Mushroom Loaf (vegan):
- Blend onions, garlic, carrot, celery, tomatoes, chillies, mushrooms, and chickpeas SEPARATELY. Be sure to leave some chunky bits for texture. You don't want a puree.
- Heat coconut oil in a medium saucepan over low-medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic to the pot and sauté on a low heat until almost translucent.
- Add carrot and celery to the onions and garlic. Stir occasionally until tender.
- Add tomatoes and chilli to the pot and stir through.
- Add mushrooms and mix until they are visibly softening, then lime juice to taste. I use about 2 tbspn.
- Add chickpeas and cook on a medium high heat for 10 - 15 minutes stiring regularly. You are looking to acheive a thick consistency.
- Allow to cool and then transfer into a clean, freezer safe container. Put into the fridge overnight to allow flavours to develop.
- Take a sheet of puff pastry and lay on a cutting mat. Build 1/3 - 1/2 of the mix along one edge of the pastry and roll to make a loaf. If you have some extra pastry you can trim it to make patterns on top. Place two or three steam scores in the top of the pastry. Repeat until you've used all the mix.
- Line and grease a pan with a little coconut oil. Bake in a 180 - 200°c oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Can also be made in a sausage roll or canapé style by rolling smaller quantities. Be sure to knife press where divisions should be made before cooking to avoid excess pastry crumble.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food spicy chickpea and mushroom loaf (vegan) recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!