Hello everybody, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, dolmadakia stuffed grape/vine leaves. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Dolmadakia Stuffed Grape/Vine Leaves is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. Dolmadakia Stuffed Grape/Vine Leaves is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook dolmadakia stuffed grape/vine leaves using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Dolmadakia Stuffed Grape/Vine Leaves:
- Make ready 1 1/2 cup Short grain white rice
- Take 300 grams Grape/Vine leaves (50 leaves)
- Take 2 medium size finely chopped Onions
- Get 1 cup finely chopped Parsley
- Make ready 1 cup finely chopped Dill
- Take 1 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- Get 2 Lemon juices
- Get Salt
- Make ready Pepper
Instructions to make Dolmadakia Stuffed Grape/Vine Leaves:
- Start off with the Grape/Vine leaves, if you are able to find fresh leaves at the farmers market, then that is great. All you need to do is boil them just so slightly for about 3 minutes, just so that they are easy to fold. If your not able to find fresh leaves, then the store bought ones do just fine, all you have to do is strain completely. I am not able to find fresh leaves either, so I always use store bought jars.
- Ok, next step is to take the sauce pan and add 1/2 cup olive oil, toss in the onions and stir for 5 minutes. Add in the rice and 2 cups of water, stir continuously so that it does not become one big blob. 🙂 Boil for 10 minutes on low heat Set aside In a large bowl add in the Parsley, Dill and the rice mixture.
- Ok, this is really simple, I mean the rolling part. Place one leaf on your work surface, shiny side down, add one tablespoon or teaspoon (depending on how large the leaf is) in the middle. Then just turn in both sides of the leaf, take the bottom part of the leaf and start to roll upwards, this will turn out to look into a log.
- Take the large sauce pan and start by putting the Dolmathakia in a circle until finished. I have to invest in some new sauce pots and pans. The ones I have at the moment are so old and not very helpful. 🙂 Anyway, if you have any rice mixture left over after rolling the logs, I usually add it into the sauce pan.
- Add the rest of the Olive Oil, Salt, Pepper, Lemon Juice and Water just enough water to cover the Dolmadakia. Add a small plate on top to hold them down while boiling and this also helps the logs not to fall apart. Boil for 50 minutes..leaves and rice should be done by now. If not add a bit more water and let them boil until soft. These appetizers are eaten cold, and are delicious dipped in Yogurt and or Tzatziki. More than happy to help anyone who might try this recipe.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food dolmadakia stuffed grape/vine leaves recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!