Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, chorizo braised chicken thighs with chickpeas. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Chorizo Braised Chicken Thighs with Chickpeas is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Chorizo Braised Chicken Thighs with Chickpeas is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook chorizo braised chicken thighs with chickpeas using 16 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Chorizo Braised Chicken Thighs with Chickpeas:
- Make ready 1/2 cup raisins
- Make ready 2 cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Get 6 oz cured Spanish chorizo, diced
- Prepare Olive oil
- Prepare 2-3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Prepare 2 tsp salt
- Prepare 1 tsp cumin
- Get 1 tsp paprika
- Make ready 1 tsp chipotle powder
- Make ready 1 tsp ground pepper
- Get 1 cup chicken stock
- Prepare 1/2 cup red wine
- Make ready 1 Tbsp frozen orange juice concentrate
- Get 1 package gelatin, unflavored
- Get 1 onion, sliced
- Get 2 Tbsp parsley, chopped
Steps to make Chorizo Braised Chicken Thighs with Chickpeas:
- Soak the raisins in 1 cup of boiling water
- Combine the stock, wine, and orange in a cup and bloom the gelatin in the liquid by sprinkling it over the top.
- Combine the salt, cumin, paprika, chipotle, and pepper and season the chicken
- Add 1 Tbsp oil to a dutch oven or large pot and add the chorizo. cook over medium heat until crispy.
- Add the chorizo to the chick peas and reserve.
- Turn the heat to high, and sear the chicken thighs 3 minutes each side. I like to keep them rolled up as they come in the package.
- Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Add the onions to the pan and turn the heat down to medium.
- Cook the onions down being sure to scrape up the fond on the bottom of the pan. ~10 min.
- Add the stock mixture and bring to a simmer.
- Add the chicken back to the pot and simmer 10 min.
- Add the reserved chickpeas, chorizo and parsley to the pot and cook until heated through.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food chorizo braised chicken thighs with chickpeas recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!