Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, key lime velvet cake. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Key Lime Velvet Cake is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Key Lime Velvet Cake is something that I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have key lime velvet cake using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Key Lime Velvet Cake:
- Take 2 cups all purpose flour
- Make ready 1 tsp baking soda
- Prepare 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Make ready 1/2 tsp salt
- Make ready 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Get 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Take 1/4 cup butter, softened
- Take 2 large eggs
- Make ready 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Make ready 1 and 1/2 tsp key lime zest
- Get 1 cup buttermilk
- Make ready 1/2 tsp white vinegar/apple cider vinegar
- Make ready 3 tbsp key lime juice + 1 tbsp hot water, mixed
- Take Afew drops yellow food colouring, optional
Instructions to make Key Lime Velvet Cake:
- In a bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and whisk to combine.
- In a seperate mixing bowl, add in the sugar, butter and oil and whisk till thoroughly combined.
- Next, add in the eggs and whisk again until a thick smooth mixture forms.
- Then, add in the lime zest, vanilla, vinegar and food colouring and whisk again to combine.
- Next, add in the dry ingredients and buttermilk, alternating, beginning with the dry ingredients. With a spatula, fold in after each addition.
- Finally, add in the lime juice and with the spatula lightly fold it in, making sure to have a smooth, airy batter at the end without overmixing.
- Pour the batter into a 7 inch round cake pan (for a tall cake) that has been lined with parchment paper and greased around the sides.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 325 degrees fahrenheit on the center rack for about 35 minutes.
- The cake is ready when the top is still soft but set and is golden brown around the edges. Do the toothpick test as well.
- Let the cake cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then take it out. Dust with powdered sugar and lime zest if desired and serve preferably warm. Enjoy!
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food key lime velvet cake recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!