Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, zucchini eggplant no ham parmesan. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Zucchini Eggplant No Ham Parmesan is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. Zucchini Eggplant No Ham Parmesan is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have zucchini eggplant no ham parmesan using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Zucchini Eggplant No Ham Parmesan:
- Get extra virgin olive oil
- Make ready large yellow onion, evenly diced
- Prepare cloves garlic, minced
- Make ready cans 'san marzano whole peeled tomatoes'
- Make ready fresh basil leaves
- Prepare zucchini, sliced on a bias (diagonal cut) 3/4 inch thick
- Take eggplant, sliced 3/4 inch thick rounds
- Make ready 'bobs red milk egg replacer' powder (photo below)
- Prepare pure water
- Get almond meal (traders or whole foods is good for this)
- Prepare sesame seeds
- Make ready dried herbs (tarragon basil parsley blend)
- Take paprika
- Get sea salt
- Make ready fresh black pepper
- Prepare 'everything but the bagel' seasoning (traders whole foods yes)
- Prepare 'Go Veggie' brand vegan grated parmesan
- Prepare grapeseed oil
- Get container 'kite hill' brand plain almond ricotta
Steps to make Zucchini Eggplant No Ham Parmesan:
- Begin by slowly building low heat in your med-lrg size sauce pot add olive oil let heat come up for 5-7 min. Use your favorite wooden spoon, stir in onions slowly and gently with EXTRA love until they are translucent. Your intention is to melt the onions with the olive oil together, the longer and slower the better… (about 15 min)
- Stir the garlic into the onions for couple seconds, immediately add the San Marzano tomatoes, bring to a high simmer over medium-high heat. Immediately turn to med-low stirring with love constantly for 30 min.
- While sauce is simmering, in a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients from the almond meal to the 'Go Veggie' parmesan. (other non-dairy vegan parmesan will work) Mix well, pour half into a large flat 3-4 inch deep dish. (reserve the rest for more breading if needed and topping later) Whisk the Bob's Red Milk egg replacer with 2 cups water thoroughly (repeat this step if more 'egg' mix is needed). Pour the 'egg' mixture into another 3-4 inch deep dish. Don't forget to stir the sauce!!
- Turn the tomato sauce down to the lowest heat setting possible. Stirring constantly and gently for another 45- 1hr. While finishing the sauce, bread the zucchini and eggplant. Keep one hand dry and one wet alternating hands for each step of the coating process. Dry hand drop ea piece of veg into the 'egg' /wet hand coats with 'egg' then/ drops into nut crumb mixture/ dry hand coat with crumbs pat firmly to ensure sticking. All remaining crumbs will be used for topping so reserve them.
- Sauce is done! 2 hours cooking THATS a LOTTA LOVE <3. Turn off heat pick the basil leaves into small pieces stir in with salt and fresh pepper to taste (swirl in an extra spoon of olive oil ;);). Let cool. Heat your large pans for frying! I recommend cast iron and please bring up the heat slowly especially with cast iron. Once the pans are nice and hot add the grapeseed oil in 3 portions for ea round of frying, gently brown ea slice of zucchini and eggplant on both sides about 2-3 min ea side.
- Preheat oven to 300. Layer the fried slices, the sauce and almond ricotta (other brands may work this one is real good) right into your baking dish. When layering, press down gently ea layer to ensure even cooking. It comes out to about 2 full layers. Top the dish with the remaining nut crumb mixture. Cover with foil and bake for 1 hr. Remove foil, turn up heat to 350 bake for 20 min more. Turn oven to broil and brown the topping gently golden baby! WOO HOO Thats it We're done! Let it cool!
- Thanks for trying this dish. It actually gets better as the days go so feel free to make like 4 trays !! Hope you looooooooovvvvveeee! Bon Appetito!
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food zucchini eggplant no ham parmesan recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!