Hey everyone, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, jackfruit steamed pudding. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Jackfruit Steamed Pudding is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Jackfruit Steamed Pudding is something which I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook jackfruit steamed pudding using 16 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Jackfruit Steamed Pudding:
- Make ready Fruit:
- Take 3/4 cup butter milk or milk
- Make ready 1 pound jackfruit
- Prepare Dry:
- Make ready 1 1/2 cups whole wheat or regular flour
- Take 1 cup turbinado sugar or light brown sugar
- Make ready 2 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Prepare 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Get 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Get 1 teaspoon salt
- Get Base:
- Get 3 eggs (I use large)
- Get 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs (try parmesan seasoned)
- Make ready 1 tablespoon Orange zest (or 1 teaspoon Orange flavor)
- Get 1 cup walnuts (optional)
Steps to make Jackfruit Steamed Pudding:
- Measure out your fresh jackfruit
- This is what it looks like, seeds have been removed prior to this.
- Chop your jackfruit up, I just pulsed it in my food processor until it was about raisin sized. It was somewhere around 2 cups (give or take) like this.
- Add the milk and jackfruit together, place on a pot on medium low heat to warm it (not cook) through and pull out some of the fruit flavor. About 10 minutes, Do not boil.
- Mix all dry, ingredients together in a bowl, set aside.
- Melt butter
- Add eggs to a bowl. Wisk them together. Add melted butter while whisking, wisk until frothy.
- Add Orange zest/flavor, whisk in. Add bread crumbs.
- Mix bread crumbs with egg mixture, it will be thick.
- Add fruit milk mixture and stir in. Notice I switched from a wire whisk to a spatula.
- Add dry mixture, stir together
- If using nuts, add now and stir in. I didn't use any this time, it's very good either way.
- Now it's time to decide how you want to cook it. A pudding mold in a stream bath (what I do) or a Bundt pan in a water bath in the oven. If you are using the oven method, preheat oven to 350 F.
- Oil spray your cooking pan of choice, and spoon the pudding into it.
- Cover the pan with lid, or foil. Pudding mold, I use a Dutch oven with a spacer from my pressure cooker. If using a bundt pan, get a casserole or oven safe pan large enough to put your bundt pan in.
- Add enough water to come up about 2/3 the way, or as much as the pan you are using safely allows.
- If using the pudding mold, bring water to a simmer, cover Dutch oven. For the oven method, place in oven. It maybe safer to add water once it is in the oven.
- Cook for 3 hours. Check water level every so often, add more if required.
- Allow to cool, and remove lid
- If you had it in the refrigerator to cool, I submerge partially in warm water to warm the mold and loosen the pudding, and invert onto a plate.
- Slice into smallish pieces, it's so dense and moist, this is just the way to do it. (trust me, big is not always better)
- Bare piece, before sauce or whipped cream
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food jackfruit steamed pudding recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!