Hello everybody, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, frog eyed salad. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
It's always fun to see someone else's version. I would not put coconut in anything, but that's me. Frogeye salad (also frog-eye salad or frog's eye salad) is a type of sweet pasta salad (dessert salad) made with small, round acini di pepe pasta, whipped topping and egg yolks. Fruit, such as mandarin oranges and pineapples, are often mixed in, and it is sometimes topped with marshmallows.
Frog eyed salad is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Frog eyed salad is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have frog eyed salad using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Frog eyed salad:
- Make ready 1 cup sugar
- Prepare 3 egg yolks
- Take 2 tbsp flour
- Take 2 cup pineapple juice (save juice from draining pineapple)
- Prepare 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Make ready 1 packages 16 oz acini di pepe pasta
- Take 2 can 20 oz crushed pineapple (save the juice for above)
- Get 2 can 11oz mandarin oranges (drained)
- Prepare 3/4 cup maraschino cherries chopped (optional)
- Prepare 1 packages 16 oz mini marshmellows
- Take 1 packages 12 oz cool whip (thawed)
A sweet dessert salad made with small round pasta, it's a nostalgic dish from your past. Frog Eye Salad is a retro side or dessert "salad" with canned fruits, acini de pepe pasta, and whipped topping-and a silly name! This salad is a holiday classic that pairs perfectly with other side dishes like. While frog eye salad may be the most originally named of the bunch, it's one of many sweet side salads to grace the American potluck table, including cookie salad, pretzel salad, and glorified rice.
Instructions to make Frog eyed salad:
- In large sauce pan, over low heat, combine sugar, egg yolks, flour, pineapple juice, and lemon juice. Stir/ cook till thick.
- While sauce is boiling, bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook fir 8-10 min. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In really large bowl combine pasta with mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate over night.
- In the morning toss pasta with pineapple, oranges, cherries, marshmellows, and thawed whipped topping.
- You are now ready to serve and eat!
- You can replace the oranges with a can of drained mixed fruit.
This salad is a holiday classic that pairs perfectly with other side dishes like. While frog eye salad may be the most originally named of the bunch, it's one of many sweet side salads to grace the American potluck table, including cookie salad, pretzel salad, and glorified rice. Yes, frog eye salad can be frozen, but I can't recommend it. The taste and texture will change so much after freezing that it almost ruins the salad. For best results, refrigerate this acini de pepe salad and.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food frog eyed salad recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!