Hello everybody, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, almond pear shortbread bars. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Great recipe for Almond pear shortbread bars. Mom gave me some pears which I never eat because of the grainy texture.so bam! Place rack in center of oven. Rather than pouring the lemon mixture directly onto the shortbread, you first cook it on the stovetop until thickened.
Almond pear shortbread bars is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. They are fine and they look wonderful. Almond pear shortbread bars is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have almond pear shortbread bars using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Almond pear shortbread bars:
- Make ready Crust
- Prepare 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- Take 1 1/4 cup flour
- Make ready 1/4 cup sugar
- Take 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Take Filling
- Get 4 1/2 cups diced pears
- Make ready 2 tablespoons sugar
- Make ready 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Get 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- Take Crumble topping
- Take 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softenend
- Prepare 1 cup flour
- Take 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Make ready 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Take 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Make ready 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Make ready 1/2 cup chopped almonds
Rich shortbread is the base for beautiful bars featuring sweet strawberry preserves and a nutty almond streusel. I made us Almond Fudge Shortbread Bars and they're the perfect dessert to try out this weekend. The recipe itself is insanely simple. And the fudge topping is made in the microwave!
Steps to make Almond pear shortbread bars:
- Line a 9×9” pan with foil and grease with butter. Cooking sprays are the devil..in my opinion. Preheat oven to 350°F
- Prepare the crust by slowly mixing all the crust ingredients in a large bowl using a pastry cutter or fork. The mixture will be crumbly. Press the crust in the prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- If pears are ripe and soft - Core and diced. If pears are tougher you will need to par cook them by doing the following: place the diced pears in a medium saucepan. Fill the pan with water so that half the pears are covered. Cook over medium heat, bringing to a boil then simmering for about 5 minutes until the pears just start to turn semi-translucent. Drain very well.
- Stir together pears, sugars, cinnamon and cornstarch
- Mix the topping ingredients together just as you did for the crust. It will be crumbly.
- Remove the hot crust from the oven. Sprinkle the pears carefully on top (make sure they are well drained first – do not add any of the extra liquid!), then sprinkle with the topping. Bake for an additional 35-45 minutes until the crumble topping starts to brown.
- Cool in pan completely before using foil to lift out.
- Slice and serve.
The recipe itself is insanely simple. And the fudge topping is made in the microwave! Almond shortbread bars make for a lovely tasty freshly baked snack recipe with a delectable taste of almonds. A recipe which dose not require any special baking skills, the almond shortbread bars are prepared by mixing together flour, sugar, eggs and almond extract. Bowl, Combine flour, sugar, butter, egg Yolk And almond extract.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food almond pear shortbread bars recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!