Hello everybody, it’s Brad, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, brad's flank steak w/ pumpkin risotto & smoky cauliflower mash. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Brad's flank steak w/ pumpkin risotto & smoky cauliflower mash is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They are fine and they look wonderful. Brad's flank steak w/ pumpkin risotto & smoky cauliflower mash is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have brad's flank steak w/ pumpkin risotto & smoky cauliflower mash using 28 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Brad's flank steak w/ pumpkin risotto & smoky cauliflower mash:
- Get For the steak
- Get 2 lb flank steak
- Make ready Garlic pwdr, Mccormick Montreal steak seasoning, & white pepper
- Take Sea salt
- Get The saute under the steak
- Make ready 2 leeks, sliced thin
- Prepare 2 tbs butter
- Prepare 9 large crimini mushrooms, sliced, 1 can chick peas
- Get 1 can chick peas
- Prepare 1/4 cup cream sherry
- Prepare For the risotto
- Prepare 1 cup arborio rice
- Take 1 tbs butter
- Get 1/2 c white merlot
- Make ready 4 cups chicken stock
- Make ready 1 tsp salt
- Get 1 cup pumpkin puree
- Prepare 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Prepare 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Take For the cauliflower
- Take 1 lg head of cauliflower, chopped
- Take Sea salt
- Prepare Tri color pepper in a grinder
- Prepare 2 tsp granulated chicken bouillon
- Get 2 tsp paprika
- Take 2 tbs butter
- Prepare 1/2 tsp liquid smoke
- Make ready 1 cup ricotta cheese
Steps to make Brad's flank steak w/ pumpkin risotto & smoky cauliflower mash:
- Lay steak out on a cutting board. Crust heavily with the salt and spices. Both sides. Set aside while prepping rest of dinner.
- Do all of these steps simultaneously.
- Place cauliflower in a small pot, half cover with water. Add chicken bouillon. Bring to a simmer. Stir often until water is almost gone. About a 1/4 inch left. Add rest of the cauliflower ingredients and mash. I usually keep a little texture to it and not mash it into a puree.
- Heat 2 lg fry pans and a grill.
- Place steak on the grill. For my rare I grill over fairly hi heat about 6 minutes per side. But prepare steak to your liking. When done cooking, let meat rest 6-8 minutes before slicing.
- Melt butter for the saute. Add leeks and mushrooms. Season with the same thing the steak got seasoned with. Saute about 5 minutes. Add chick peas. Saute until leeks and mushrooms are done. Deglaze pan with cream sherry. Cook until almost completely evaporated. Remove from heat.
- Melt butter for risotto. Add rice. Cook until rice just starts to brown. Add wine. From this point you pretty much need to stir constantly. When wine gets absorbed, add chicken stock 1 cup at a time, stirring until absorbed each time. When you add the last cup of stock, add pumpkin puree, 1 tsp salt, and nutmeg. Stir until rice is tender. When rice is tender, remove from heat. Add 1 tbs butter and Parmesan cheese. Stir until incorporated.
- When everything is done, arrange on plates. Slice flank steak across the grain and on a bias. Under a half inch thick. Serve steak over leek saute. Garnish risotto with more parmesan. Serve immediately. Enjoy.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food brad's flank steak w/ pumpkin risotto & smoky cauliflower mash recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!