Hello everybody, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, german plum cake - zwetschgendatschi. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
German Plum Cake - Zwetschgendatschi is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. They’re nice and they look fantastic. German Plum Cake - Zwetschgendatschi is something that I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have german plum cake - zwetschgendatschi using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make German Plum Cake - Zwetschgendatschi:
- Prepare 250 g flour
- Prepare 140 g butte, cold
- Get 50 g sugar
- Make ready 1 pinch baking powder
- Get 1 dash salt
- Get 1 egg (size m)
- Prepare 1 tbsp rum
- Take 1 sachet vanilla sugar
- Prepare 1 kg (2 lb) prunes (Zwetschgen)
- Get 3 tbsp sugar
- Make ready 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Steps to make German Plum Cake - Zwetschgendatschi:
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C (390° F). Line a baking tray or a springform tin with baking parchment. Mix dry ingredients (except tbsp sugar and tsp cinnamon at the end of the ingredients).
- Add the cold butter and start kneading with your fingers. Add the egg and the rum and knead until you have a dough.
- Spread the dough on the tray or tin and pinch several times with a fork so it does not rise while baking. Put the tin in the fridge until the prunes are prepared.
- Wash the prunes. Cut in the middle, open and remove pit without cutting the prune into half. Cut in fan-shape (kind of accordion) as seen in the photo. Lay tightly on the pie crust.
- Bake for 30 min until crust turns light brown. In the mean time mix 3 tbsp sugar with 1/2 tsp cinnamon. As soon as the cake is removed from the oven scatter cinnamon sugar mix on the cake and cover with aluminium foil (for 20 min). A lovely juice will emerge that makes the cake moist. Enjoy with whipped cream!
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food german plum cake - zwetschgendatschi recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!