Hey everyone, it is me, Dave, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, sig's rumbledethumps. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Sig's Rumbledethumps is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Sig's Rumbledethumps is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have sig's rumbledethumps using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Sig's Rumbledethumps:
- Make ready for Rumbledethumps
- Prepare 700 grams peeled and quartered medium sized potatoes
- Make ready 1/2 a swede (yellow turnip) chopped into small chunks,
- Make ready 1/4 savoy or cabbage of choice , shredded finely
- Take 50 grams butter
- Prepare vegetarian or meat extra filling
- Get 500 grams vegetarian or meat minced (ground) of choice or shredded leftover meat
- Take 1 onion ,finely chopped
- Prepare 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Prepare 2 tbsp tomato puree
- Make ready 1 or 2 tablespoon of flour for dusting to thicken mixture
- Take 1 vegetable or beef stock cube
- Make ready 75 grams Cheddar or other strong cheese, grated.
Steps to make Sig's Rumbledethumps:
- preheat oven to 170C/gas 4
- Prepare your potatoes, swede(turnip) and cabbage.
- boil the potatoes and the swede together in a pot of salted water for about 15 minutes . Add the cabbage and boil for another 5 minutes. Drain well,add the butter and break up the potatoe with a fork.
- In the meantime dry-fry mince and onion until the mince is browned and onion has slightly softened
- Add Worcestersauce ,tomato puree and flour stir well . Use between 250-350 ml of water adding to mince to consistency you prefer, stir well until it has thickened.
- pour the mixture into a heatproof dish , level out .Add the potato and cabbage mix over the top.
- Scatter with grated strong cheese.. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and bubbling.
- Rumbledethumps is wonderful on its own ,without the mince, just double the ingredients for it and do not add mince.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food sig's rumbledethumps recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!