Hello everybody, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, squash soup base - vegetarian or not. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Squash Soup base - vegetarian or not is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. Squash Soup base - vegetarian or not is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook squash soup base - vegetarian or not using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Squash Soup base - vegetarian or not:
- Make ready 1 quarter squash, peeled & sliced
- Make ready 1 medium red onion, coarsely chopped
- Get 3 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- Make ready 1 cup water
- Prepare 1/4 pc a stock cube (vegetable if vegetarian, chicken if not)
- Get to taste Salt
- Get ~ VARIATION SUGGESTIONS ~ (optional)
- Make ready 1 spoonful crushed crispy bacon (optional)
- Prepare 1 spoonful sliced ham (optional)
- Get 1 spoonful shredded leftover chicken (optional)
- Take 1 diced cooked baby potato (optional)
- Get 1-2 dollops cream (optional)
- Get 1-2 Tbsp coconut cream (optional)
Steps to make Squash Soup base - vegetarian or not:
- In a sauce pan, place your squash, sliced into small pieces so it's easy to mash. Add onions, garlic and enough water to cover all the squash (don't place too much). Boil covered for 15 mins
- Once soft, lower heat and mash everything while in the pot. Season with salt and 1/4 of a stock cube (crushed to powder so it's easy to mix).
- When the squash is mashed, it gets thicker and absorbs the liquid. Taste and adjust preferred consistency accordingly by adding water a teaspoon at a time. Serve while hot.
- I enjoy this soup base on its own without any additions but sometimes I do variations too. Some non-veg ideas: // Add light cream or coconut cream // Add meat (shredded chicken, bacon or ham) // Add diced potatoes for a more filling soup // Add veggies like diced celery, corn kernels or peas
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food squash soup base - vegetarian or not recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!