Hey everyone, it is me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, mango pie. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Mango Pie is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. They are nice and they look fantastic. Mango Pie is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook mango pie using 18 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Mango Pie:
- Make ready Pastry
- Prepare 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Prepare 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Prepare 3/8 tsp salt
- Make ready 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- Prepare 2 egg yolks
- Take 2 tsp heavy cream
- Take 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Prepare Mango Custard
- Make ready 3/4 cup cold water
- Get 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Prepare 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 teaspoon powdered gelatin (2 1/2 packages at 2 1/2 teaspoons per pack)
- Make ready 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, chilled
- Get 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- Take 1 (30 ounce) can Alphonso mango purée (3 1/4 cups)
- Prepare 1 large pinch sea salt
- Get Topping
- Get 4 mangoes, chilled and thinly sliced
Instructions to make Mango Pie:
- Place the flour, sugar, and salt in the bowl of a food processor, stand mixer, or in a medium mixing bowl.
- Pulse/stir/cut in the butter with a pastry blender, until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add the egg yolk, cream, and vanilla, and process/mix/stir until the dough gathers itself into a ball and pulls away cleanly from the sides of the bowl.
- Wrap the dough tightly in plastic wrap, and chill for 1 hour.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough to a thickness of about 1/8-inch.
- Press the dough gently into the tart pan(s), trimming away any excess.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 375 degrees F—prick the bottom with the tines of a fork. This will prevent it from getting air trapped underneath and poofing up as it bakes.
- Place 3/4 cup cold water in a large bowl. In a small bowl, stir together 1/4 cup sugar with the gelatin; sprinkle mixture evenly over the surface of the cold water. Let sit a few minutes to bloom.
- In the meantime, whip the cream and remaining 1/4 cup sugar together until medium-stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, warm 1 cup of the mango purée to body temperature (stir to make sure you are just warming it and not bringing it to a boil).
- Pour warmed mango purée over gelatin mixture, and whisk until well combined. Gelatin should dissolve into mango completely. Gradually whisk in remaining mango purée.
- Use a rubber spatula to beat the cream cheese in a medium bowl until it is soft and smooth, then add to mango mixture along with a large pinch of sea salt.
- Use an immersion blender to blend until completely smooth, tipping the bowl to make sure you’ve incorporated everything well. Gently tap the bowl on the counter once or twice to pop any air bubbles.
- Use the spatula to gently fold about 1/4 of the mango mixture into the whipped cream, then fold cream into the larger amount of mixture until no streaks remain.
- Pour custard onto the cooled crust. Use a rubber spatula to smooth out the filling.
- Arrange mango slices in concentric circles starting from the center.
- Refrigerate 5 hours or overnight until firm and chilled. Serve chilled.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food mango pie recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!