Hey everyone, it’s John, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, skillet jalapeno corn bread. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Skillet Jalapeno Corn Bread is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They are fine and they look wonderful. Skillet Jalapeno Corn Bread is something which I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook skillet jalapeno corn bread using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Skillet Jalapeno Corn Bread:
- Prepare 3 cups all purpose flour
- Prepare 1 Cup cornmeal
- Take 1/4 cup sugar
- Take 2 tablespoons baking powder
- Get 1 teaspoon salt
- Get 1 Cup milk
- Make ready 1 cup beer
- Prepare 3 eggs beaten
- Prepare 1/4 stick butter unmelted
- Prepare 1 Cup butter melted
- Prepare 8 ozs shredded cheddar cheese
- Prepare Jalapenos 3-4 tablespoons roughly chopped or fresh
- Make ready A few jalapeno slices for the top, optional
- Prepare 1 1/4 additional shredded cheese of choice, optional
Steps to make Skillet Jalapeno Corn Bread:
- In a large bowl sift dry ingredients together
- In a separate bowl mix together wet ingredients including chopped jalapenos and cheese but not the 1/4 cup of additional cheese and fresh jalapenos.
- Quickly add the wet mix to the dry and stir until the batter is almost smooth. It will be very thick.
- Heat oven to 425* and let the batter rest while oven heats up.
- Grease a large cast iron skillet with the 1/4 stick of butter. I drop the butter in my skillet and heat the pan up in the oven until the butter just starts to sizzle. You don't have to heat pan and skillet but it's how I make mine.
- Remove buttered pan from oven if using my heated pan w/butter, with an oven mitt of course. Scrape the batter into the sizzling buttered skillet and smooth the top.
- Bake 30 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. If using additional cheese and jalapenos, Bake for about 15 mins remove from oven place the optional jalapenos and optional 1/4 cup shredded cheese on top and place back into the oven and cook another 15-20 minutes until golden brown, or a toothpick comes out clean.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food skillet jalapeno corn bread recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!