Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, fluffy hot cross buns. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Fluffy Hot Cross Buns is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They are fine and they look fantastic. Fluffy Hot Cross Buns is something that I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook fluffy hot cross buns using 24 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Fluffy Hot Cross Buns:
- Prepare A. Tangzhong (10% Hydration)
- Get 60 g bread flour
- Prepare 300 g water
- Prepare B. Dough
- Make ready 150 g water
- Prepare 1 (60 g) egg - lightly beaten
- Prepare 2 tbsp corn oil
- Get 1 tsp salt
- Prepare 2 tbsp sugar
- Take 540 g bread flour
- Prepare 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- Take (Add 1 tsp nutmeg-opt)
- Take 3 tbsp milk powder
- Make ready 1 tsp bread improver (optional)
- Get 2 1/4 tsp INSTANT dried yeast
- Take C. Extra Ingredient (s)
- Get 1 C chopped dried cranberries
- Make ready Or Sultanas
- Make ready D. Topping / flour paste
- Get 2 tbsp - 2 1/2 tbsp water
- Get 40 g (1/4 C) plain flour
- Take E. Glazing
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp butter
- Make ready 1/2 tbsp honey
Steps to make Fluffy Hot Cross Buns:
- Note: This recipe uses INSTANT dried yeast that does not need to be dissolved in water. For active dried yeast, mix it with water and sugar and leave to proof for 5-10 minutes before using.
- A. Tangzhong - Mix flour and water in a small pot and whisk until there is no lump. Heat this mixture over low heat, keep stirring until it turns into a thick paste. Tangzhong is ready when the spoon used to stir leaves a visible trail all the way to the bottom of the pan. Turn off the heat and leave to cool completely. Cover with plastic wrap to keep it from drying before adding to the bread dough. This tanzhong can be prepared the night before or an hour before baking.
- B. Dough - Using a bread maker, place water and A (tangzhong) into the bread pan, followed by the rest of the ingredients in B in the exact order listed. Press ‘dough’ function. Add C (extra ingredients) once dough is formed (or depending on the bread maker instruction). Remove dough from bread pan once bread maker beeps and stops. Proceed to step 5.
- If using a stand mixer, the same order applied and knead until dough reaches ‘window pane’ or stretchable. Cover bowl with a greased cling film and place in a warm place to rise or double in size. Depending on temperature in the house, the rising time varies from 45 mins to 1 1/2 hours. Proceed to step 5.
- After the first rise, transfer dough to a generously floured work top. Punch dough down. Dough is slightly sticky. Divide dough into 18 equal portions, each weighing around 69g-70g. Very lightly, shape each into a ball. Place balls onto a greased baking tin, about 1-2 cm apart. Cover with greased cling film. Set aside in a warm place for 45 minutes or until buns double in size. Preheat oven to 160°C - 170°C.
- D. Topping/Flour paste - Mix water and flour in a bowl. Mix well into a thick paste that is not too thin or way too thick. Spoon into a piping bag or a small plastic bag. Snip off a corner and pipe flour paste over tops of the buns to form lines. Bake buns for 15-20 minutes or until buns turn lightly brown and hollow when tapped. Remove from the oven and immediately brush tops of the buns with E. Next, transfer buns to a cooling rack right away and leave to cool before storing.
- Serve buns with sliced salted butter. Microwave before serving for a warmer buns.
- E. Glazing - Melt butter and honey in a microwave starting with 5 seconds. Microwave for another 5 seconds if needed. Mix well. Brush glaze over warm hot cross buns. Note: Any jam or just melted butter can also be used for glazing.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food fluffy hot cross buns recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!