Hello everybody, it is Louise, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, chicken piccata. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chicken Piccata is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions every day. Chicken Piccata is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
Piccata describes meat, usually veal or chicken, that is sliced, dredged in flour, browned, then served in a sauce containing lemon juice, butter, and capers. Piccata is an Italian word spelled sometimes as picatta or pichotta. The culinary use of the Italian term means "to be pounded flat". Chicken piccata is nothing more than chicken breast cutlets, dredged in flour, browned, and served with a sauce of butter, lemon juice, capers, and either stock or white wine.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have chicken piccata using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Piccata:
- Make ready 3 Chicken breasts
- Prepare 1/4 cup Flour
- Get 1 1/2 tbsp Olive oil
- Get 1 1/2 tbsp Butter
- Take Salt and pepper
- Get 1/2 cup Shallots, leeks or scallions
- Make ready 1 Lemon
- Prepare 1/4 cup Lemon juice
- Prepare 2 tbsp Capers drained
- Get 1/4 cup Chicken broth
- Prepare 1 Serve with rice, orzo, or couscous
For dinner this week, make Giada De Laurentiis' famous Chicken Piccata recipe, a comforting Italian classic made with lemon, butter and capers. Italian Chicken Piccata - thin chicken breasts are cooked to golden and then drizzled with a light lemon garlic sauce. Chicken piccata is a classic Italian dish, and it's pronounced peek-kah-tah. Chicken Piccata is an Italian chicken dish served in a lemon, wine, butter sauce with capers and parsley.
Instructions to make Chicken Piccata:
- Put rice on stove
- Salt, lemon pepper and garlic powder the chicken on both sides
- Coat chicken in flour evenly
- Heat olive oil in pan and cook chicken. When chicken is cooked through set aside or keep in a 200°F oven to keep warm.
- In chicken pan sauté lemon slices and shallots for 2-3 minutes. Add lemon juice and chicken broth to deglaze the pan. Add capers and simmer until reduction 2-3 minutes.
- Take off heat and add butter. Serve over rice, couscous or orzo and top with cilantro or parsley.
Chicken piccata is a classic Italian dish, and it's pronounced peek-kah-tah. Chicken Piccata is an Italian chicken dish served in a lemon, wine, butter sauce with capers and parsley. This recipe is also great with fish if you need a recipe the kids will love, try Flounder Picatta. Creamy Chicken Piccata - Let's just start out by stating the obvious, everything is better with a little cream added right? A quick dinner that involves golden pan-seared chicken breast topped with a rich and bright lemon.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food chicken piccata recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!